Thursday, August 5, 2010

TOP SECRET


Some time back, I posted a screen shot of the draft for the Cactus Rain website. (Link at the bottom).

We are just about to launch the site - any day now, perhaps even tomorrow. I'm just about to burst with excitement. There have been so many details to get to this point. In addition to all the particulars of starting any small business, there has been many tasks specific to publishing.

I've had a lot of help along the way. From strangers on the phone explaining the Pinal County sales tax requirements (I was in Maricopa County), to Joyce my right hand in much more than website design, and friends who helped or encouraged me along the way. And Jean who mentored me and laughed a lot. Thank you everyone. You mean the world to me.

At the time I'm writing this, www.CactusRainPublishing.com points to my website. Sometime in the next 24 hours it will be launched and point to the new website. Once it launches, feel free to tweet, facebook, tell your office mate, and all your reading friends about Cactus Rain Publishing.

The galleys have arrived for Cactus Rain's debut book, The Doctor, The Plutocrat, and The Mendacious Minister by Glyn Pope (France).

http://nadinelaman.blogspot.com/2010/05/why-are-books-so-expensive.html

9 comments:

  1. Hey, it linked to Cactus Rain! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm off to explore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And me. It was a shock, but a very pleasant surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Joyce did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew's mom send me a note. I've added it to Andrew's post. Please go look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news, congratulations Nadine! Good luck for the future. Love the look, it really stands out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very appealing looking website & logo. I'm impressed to read that a lot of thought & planning went into this company -- 5 years! I certainly hope that all The Cactus Rain titles do well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, there are certainly a lot of things to consider when starting a business and a lot more when it is a publishing business. The industry has change so much in the last five years. I had to adapt my unique model several times, but I think I have a publishing model that hasn't been tried before. I'm very lucky to have three authors willing to test this theory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo hoo! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete