Glynis Smy in Cyrpus is always so good to me. (I hope we meet someday.) She writes a lovely blog and submitted an entry for the short story competition. I can always count on her to post a comment here and there on my blog.
Now she has given me an award, A Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you, Glynis. I treasure our long distance friendship.
Oh gosh, 7! - seven interesting things about me. Wow, that is a hard one. I'm a very private person. Okay, here goes...
1. When I was little I wanted to be a Catholic nun - and I wasn't even Catholic.
2. I'm dyslexic. No news there. But before it had a name, I was ashamed that I couldn't read or spell. I hated how adults and other kids made fun of me - even unintentionally.
3. I'm learning Latin American Spanish only to discover there is such dialect diversity in Mexico (where most of our Spanish speaking clients come from) that I'll still only be able to talk with them piecemeal.
4. Years ago I submitted testimony on social work to a joint sub-committee of a state legislature. I guess it is in the basement archives somewhere - very dusty.
5. I like me again.
6. My kids seem to have turned out okay and they like me.
7. TBA, I'm not finished yet.
It is so hard to narrow down the bloggers I want to bestow the award on. I know some won't put it on their blog, but I'd still like to mention them.
1. Carrie Sheppard http://ukfolkie.blogspot.com/
2. Joy Collins http://www.joycollins.com/
3. Glyn Pope http://glynpope.blogspot.com/
4. Carol Anne Strange http://strangewriter.blogspot.com/
5. Nick Daws http://www.mywritingblog.com/
6. Ivana Maric http://willingtoseeless.blogspot.com/
7. Jen Garsee http://onegrapeshy.livejournal.com/
8. Susan Gabriel http://www.susangabriel.com/
9. Ella Press http://monkey-ella.blogspot.com/
10. Michelle Gregory http://michellegregory.blogspot.com/
and Andy in France (my writing buddy who shoots fantastic photos). http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/2010/04/bashful.html
Click here: Author Blog: Glynis Smy: Oh It Just Gets Better and Better!