Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dyslexic Football Coach

Dyslexia is in the sports news. Even though football is very popular in our house, I'm not likely to read much about the NFL. It just isn't my sport. But I thought I'd post this about dyslexia since some people think it is wild that I am a novelist and horribly dyslexic.

Keep in mind that being dyslexic does not mean that we can't do things, it just means that some things that deal with letters are weird for us. Many studies indicate that dyslexic people have average to above average IQs. I donno 'bout that. What I do think is that we might be more analytical than some of the population. We have to figure things out on our own. We look for patterns and figure out other ways to compensate.

I keep thinking that someday I will post a piece that I haven't corrected, just so you can see how it would be if I didn't have my finger glued to the backspace button. Delete-delete-delete...

The HUGE link is at the bottom of the page. I've been told a million times how to make them into short links, but I just don't get it. I understand the words of the instructions. It just doesn't translate into doing it. (I'm going to be so disappointed if that link doesn't work.)

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/23/rex-ryan-reveals-he-has-dyslexia/?icid=mainhtmlws-maindl4link4http%3A%2F%2Fnfl.fanhouse.com%2F2009%2F06%2F23%2Frex-ryan-reveals-he-has-dyslexia%2F

(OH hey, 6 months until Christmas! Just thought I'd throw that in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment